Senior Product Manager (USA)
Kalepa is an award-winning software start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech, and tons of data to help commercial insurance underwriters Bind with Confidence.
Why We're Here:
For hundreds of years. businesses have tried to find the right policy to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem: it's really complicated!
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that risk. Businesses - like contractors, hotels, restaurants, transportation fleets, real estate lessors, and others - struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying too much for what they need.
That's where we come in. Our AI-powered underwriting workbench - Copilot - compiles everything underwriters need, and flags the exposures they need to know about. With Copilot, underwriters can find critical information in a flash; digitize their underwriting guidelines; triage, prioritize, and track their book; and automatically read and summarize key documents, like loss runs and supplemental applications – all out of the box. This means that insurance carriers grow faster and are more profitable, and businesses get the right coverage at the right rates. It’s the way insurance should work.
Salary range: $140k – $190k
Equity range: 0.05% – 0.15%
Kalepa is looking for an exceptional Senior Product Manager with 3+ years of experience to be a founding member of our Product team. We are a remote-friendly startup building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Our HQ is located in New York City.
You will be expected to take ownership of various product aspects of Copilot, Kalepa’s core product: working closely with engineers, designers, and other technical resources to deliver on Kalepa’s product vision and unlock value for users. You will be expected to deliver on the roadmap and execution of Copilot, and contribute to Kalepa’s culture and commercial success.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, insurance, and intelligence institutions including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Uber, Doordash, Chubb, AIG, CNA, Willis Towers Watson, Mastercard, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.), Former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital, and leaders in financial services and technology including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.
In July 2021 we raised a $14 million Series A funding round led by Inspired Capital, with participation from previous investor IA Ventures.
- You have 3+ years of product management experience
- You love to hustle: finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words “it can’t be done” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- You love being the voice of the customer. You understand their problems and needs in detail and always look for better ways to address them.
- You can ship software products efficiently and on-time.
- You are energized by building beautiful and effective products that our customers will benefit from and love to use.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
- You are data-driven, with a knack for combining quantitative and qualitative feedback and insights.
As a plus:
- Enterprise SaaS or FinTech experience
- Experience at a venture-backed startup during hyper-growth
- Computer science or engineering background
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity – an early member of Kalepa’s engineering leadership team
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Global team offsites.
- 100% covered PPO medical, 100% covered vision and dental for individuals and families.
- Healthy living/gym stipend. Mobile phone bill stipend.
- Continuing education credits.
- Home office stipend.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.