Category Visionaries: Interview with CEO Paul Monasterio
In this episode of Category Visionaries, Paul Monasterio, CEO and Co-Founder of Kalepa, joined host Brett Stapper for a wide ranging discussion on Paul's background, founding a successful startup, transforming the commercial insurance industry, and more.
- Paul’s background growing up in Venezuela, coming to the US for college, being a nuclear physicist and working in big data analytics
- How Kalepa’s AI-powered Copilot software enables underwriters to focus their time on the highest ROI opportunities and to quickly evaluate and optimally select risk
- Why one of this Paul’s two favorite books is a Norwegian novel
- The size of the commercial insurance industry in the world and what percentage of that is using Copilot
- Why Paul recommends getting a co-founder when founding a startup