Senior Associate, Growth
Kalepa is an award-winning software start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech, and tons of data to help commercial insurance underwriters Bind with Confidence.
Why We're Here:
For hundreds of years. businesses have tried to find the right policy to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem: it's really complicated!
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that risk. Businesses - like contractors, hotels, restaurants, transportation fleets, real estate lessors, and others - struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying too much for what they need.
That's where we come in. Our AI-powered underwriting workbench - Copilot - compiles everything underwriters need, and flags the exposures they need to know about. With Copilot, underwriters can find critical information in a flash; digitize their underwriting guidelines; triage, prioritize, and track their book; and automatically read and summarize key documents, like loss runs and supplemental applications – all out of the box. This means that insurance carriers grow faster and are more profitable, and businesses get the right coverage at the right rates. It’s the way insurance should work.
Salary range: $100k - $140k
Equity range: 0.005% to 0.03%
What We’re Looking For:
Kalepa is looking for an exceptional Senior Associate for its Growth team with 3+ years of experience in an enterprise client-facing role. We are a remote-friendly startup that is building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Kalepa is headquartered in New York City.The Growth team at Kalepa is responsible for delivering outstanding value to our clients via Copilot, Kalepa's SaaS platform. The team functions as both a client partner and a bridge between our clients and Kalepa's top-notch development team. Candidate will be expected to take ownership of and develop Kalepa’s client engagement management function, in partnership with and reporting to the Director who leads the group. Kalepa’s clients include some of the largest insurance carriers in the US, as well as smaller regional carriers and MGAs (Managing General Agents). You will be expected to ensure that Kalepa’s clients have the highest levels of satisfaction, deliver value that drives client retention and revenue expansion, and actively support the development of a world-class Growth team. Travel to clients will be required and encouraged when practicable.Specific elements of the role include:
- Direct, proactive underwriter and executive relationship-building, engagement, and responsiveness
- Mastery of Kalepa's Copilot SaaS platform
- C-level executive presentation and preparation
- Planning, executing, and leading client user training
- Analytical assessment of impact to client KPIs
- Leading 1:1 and group user sessions to gather feedback, educate, and ensure clients are getting utmost value from Copilot
- Coordination with Product to support Copilot’s growth via issue identification, remediation tracking, and enhancement drafting
- You have 3+ years of client-facing enterprise SaaS, growth, consulting, sales engineering, or technical sales experience.
- You love to hustle: finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words “it can’t be done” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- You are commercially oriented and data-driven. You are excited about bringing a world-class solution to clients to rapidly grow ARR.
- You love being the voice of the customer. You understand their problems and needs in detail and always look for better ways to address them.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
- You are based in the continental US.
As a plus:
- InsurTech or FinTech experience
- Experience at a venture-backed startup during hypergrowth
- Analytics background and experience with SQL
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level)
- Equity options package
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry
- Ground floor opportunity – senior associate at a rapidly growing startup
- Excellent benefits: 100% covered medical, 100% covered vision and dental, and others
- 20 days of PTO a year
- Global team offsites
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Mastercard, and Uber. Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.); former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital; and leaders in financial services and technology, including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.